How To Make A Black Jacket Modern And Fresh
I know we all have black jackets and blazers in our closets. Some are basics which we all need at certain times, for example to wear to the office, and others are more novelty with an interesting fabric, cut or detailing.
Our Black Eyelet embroidered jacket is a combination of both. It is a pretty classic blazer with a few novelties, with the main one being the eyelet embroidered fabric. It also has a ribbon detailing all around the collar and pocket flaps and one big button which is more for decoration than function. There is a snap behind the button but I think most women will wear this jacket open. I first styled this jacket for you here.
In my look today I wanted to show you and point out a few tips about how you can take a black jacket or blazer, doesn’t matter if it is basic or novelty, and modernize it. Here are some pointers in what I used to make my black jacket look fresher:
- Wear it with a bottom that is trendy – I wore mine with my cropped flared jeans
- If your bottom is basic then choose a top that has a trend element
- Choose fashion forward shoes – I wore my lace up sandals that I love for this summer
- If your shoes are basic, use a bag style that is trendy – I wore my vintage Chanel bag as a cross body bag which is trending now
- Add accessories to update your look – I chose my silk scarf neck tie which I have worn two different ways and it can be worn many other ways as well
- Scrunch up the sleeves of the jacket and pull the collar up to give it a cool factor
- Use a great jewelry piece like a statement necklace or earrings – Since I had a neck tie on, I chose to wear a stack of bracelets as my statement jewelry piece
I hope these pointers are helpful in inspiring you to try different looks with your black jacket.
All five items that I am wearing from Jacket Society are part of our 24-HR Flash Sale. Get 15% off with code FS89 plus free US shipping.
Black Eyelet Embroidered Jacket – Click Here
Floral silk square scarf neck tie – Click Here
Pale pink and gray bead bracelet with round hematite pave – Click Here
Pale pink and gray bead bracelet with oval hematite pave – Click Here
Black bead bracelet with oval hematite pave – Click Here
How do you update your black jacket and what do you think of my look?
Black Eyelet Embroidered Jacket – Jacket Society
Floral silk square scarf neck tie – Jacket Society
Pale pink and gray bead bracelet with round hematite pave – Jacket Society
Pale pink and gray bead bracelet with oval hematite pave – Jacket Society
Black bead bracelet with oval hematite pave – Jacket Society
Cropped flare jeans – Banana Republic
Top – H&M
Lace up sandals – Dolce Vita
Bag – Vintage Chanel
Sunglasses – BCBG